Pet Peeves

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Wuva
Sojourner

Pet Peeves

Postby Wuva » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:22 am

Weve seen where do you live, where do you work, this and that..and ya know youve prolly seen this before, But here it goes..

Name your pet peeve!
In game..I suppose afks when your really trying to bust your butt for exp, but we are all guilty of it, even I.
In rl..slow people, Im hyper..either walk with me or move outta my way.

Whats yours?

Wuva *shoving_her_way_to_the_top* EagleBlade
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:22 am

Spam!!!!!! If you can cast it on yourself... use #echo not gsay!!! If you aren't a tank or a Rogue .. dont bug for haste/stone :P

Typically healers use group or glance .. dont use grep unless you are hurting hurting!!

Asking people for eq ... if they see you need it ... nine outta ten they will hand it down (unless its me and im bugging mazok for that hood:P)

Shouts for sale/trade in evil HT's
Shouts for groups

man im just a bitch arent i :P

and the #1 thing that pisses me off?? my stupid blinking cable light (and dsl not being available here)

-Ambarlicious
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:50 pm

People who cast inane spells like detect magic or infravision while zoning.

Going along with that, people who follow a zone mob's death with 30 seconds of memming, 20 seconds of casting divinations on themself, and another 60 seconds of memming.

People who bid on items before we even start.

Gormal.

- Ragorn
Azzzmohazzz
Sojourner

Postby Azzzmohazzz » Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:29 pm

People who don't consent for shifts, and people on the other side who take forever to consent. Having to get both consents drives me freaking nuts! Image
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:38 pm

Carnies...you know..circus folk.

Smell like cabbage..small hands.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:10 pm

ppl under lvl 20 asking for res.

Anon ppl asking for res, or trying to do
spell assigns with anon ppl in the group.

RL: Yup.. nothing worse than that slow driver in an area where you can't pass. I'd swear they see the mile long line of pissed off people behind them and love it.

Getting 8 pieces of mail, and 7 of them are credit card offers.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:11 pm

Heh. Someone handing you a bag and consenting, without finding out if you ae even at the keyboard let alone if you actually have time to ress them.

Just because a 46+ cleric is at 3w A) doesn't mean they have time to Ress (might be CR'ing) or B) they may not even have ress.

Following closely behind that one.

You say X are you ready for ress?

X says Ready to go

You say 'Now ressurecting X'

You start chanting...

Casting: resurrect *******************

X says oh hey can you consent still holding eq

That is not being ready to ress.

Finally, people who don't know that for some of us we cast prot's vits etc on ourselves first then DM to see when they falling so we know when we need to start worrying about re-vit/re-realming people.

*taunt Ragorn*
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:07 pm

Something else..

Im still a newbie pretty much (under a year mudding), If you see me doing something wrong, send a tell, tell me..help me learn, dont blast in gsay. We all gotta learn somehow, why not learn the right way. I am not ashamed to say, Hey I dont know this, help me. And, theres no need to Blast a person behind the back..Face to Face Ba-Bee,
My theory. Im here to have fun, to learn, and to be one Bad ass Warrior some day, give me just a chance and I will go a long way!! This is a on going issue with newbies, something that is always pretty much taken for granted. I learn slow but once I got it, I got it. Enuff said Image)
Lets Smite!!!!

The Wildchild has spoken..*remove earplugs at my stand*

Wuva *revved up and ready* EagleBlade
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:15 pm

The problem with that is, if you do it consistently, then the people who "have been here years and years" think you're just patronizing (even if you had no way of knowing that), and yell at you for "treating them like an idiot" when they "know what they're doing". You have no idea how many times this has happened to me, and it's really left me not wanting to say anything to anyone about screwups.

-Todrael
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:25 pm

That is true..
The level of being able to take suggestions and stuff is one thing, and the way to look at those tells as not sarcasim or belittling is another thing. Ive been nailed to the wall for the simplest thing, and I also appreciated the simplest tells saying Your doing great, but you could do this better. Guess it depends on each ends of the deal. Im happy go lucky and wont snap, I realize there is a person behind the characters name Im grouped with..Respect pays off.

Wuva is gone for the weekend..Have fun gang!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:45 pm

When you're driving 5 miles over the limit, which is standard, or the limit, and people behind you are tailgating. Damn folks don't have any patience at all!

Yayaril

P.S. Yayaril looks behind him and relishes that 3 mile long line of cars.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:07 pm

One the mud: Stupidity
In RL: Stupidity

"If you see me doing something wrong, send a tell, tell me..help me learn, dont blast in gsay. We all gotta learn somehow, why not learn the right way. I am not ashamed to say, Hey I dont know this, help me. And, theres no need to Blast a person behind the back..Face to Face Ba-Bee"

Actually, there's a very good reason for pointing out mistakes over gsay. Other people might benefit from hearing it too. This is especially true in fights that involve different tactics than what some in the group are used to. Even experienced players can hit snags when a fight they're used to doing one way is done in another.

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:37 pm

Your right concerning gsays, using it as a positive learning tool. My peeve is being totally blasted in gsay when not necessary, the message to learn by isnt there, only the attitude...and what is gained by that..the impulse not even to ask for help again.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:00 pm

My pet peeve is when ur watching a movie for the first time, and whether or not the other person has seen it, they talk the whole time. or they are really loud and obnoxious in the theatre.....(this is my best friend but i still love her hehehe)

in game: pet peeve is ppl that are just plain jerks and take the game way too serious, or complain and say "i lost my sword waaaaah" and u say to them "shit happens" then they say back to u "fuck u bitch" then ur like ":P" and they're like "fucking shut up" and u think to urself "geez, this person is taking it way too serious" or also in game:

u give some lowbie eq, help him get plevel'd in ur group. then when he gets lvl. 41 in a few weeks he treats u with 0 respect and calls u an idiot to someone that will of course tell u... talk about a mud jerk!
gakaz2
Sojourner

Postby gakaz2 » Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:29 pm

Here's my biggest pet peeve.. and it's only because it's happened to me a few times.....

Giving someone pretty nice pieces of eq (ie: elf plate mail, tgs, etc) then them having extra gear in their bag that they aren't using and you need.. then when you bring it up they ask what you have to trade for it. The 5k of i just gave you?!! jerk.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:38 am

irl:

I really hate drivers who, when driving on highways in good conditions, cruise at some speed several kph slower than the speedlimit when there's no overtaking lane, but accelerate to significantly faster than the speedlimit when theres an overtaking lane.
Geez I hate that!

I also really hate tailgaters, not only that but I truly beleive tailgating is a MAJOR cause of much unneccesary road rage and traffic accidents.

in game:

I dislike casters ignoring me when I ask for all kinds of magik to be cast on me - incl dm Ragorn :P
If they would rather not cast it, or feel they'd best save thier memtimes etc, plz just tell me so I can seek the magik elsewhere.

Usually I also dislike poor preparation during big hunts in the face of very nasty foes. This is rare, but Gormal seemed to excel in this.. Image
(Sometimes, however, I do like it as it makes for quite the challenge and bloodbath, regardless of ther victors)

Oh, I really dispise politics too.

mmm..

Mogr -=BloodSeeker=- Northern Star

[This message has been edited by ssar (edited 02-26-2002).]
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>When you're driving 5 miles over the limit, which is standard, or the limit, and people behind you are tailgating. Damn folks don't have any patience at all!

Yayaril

P.S. Yayaril looks behind him and relishes that 3 mile long line of cars.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that doesn't bother me as much, prolly because I live in New England, but what pisses me off is when you're doing like, 60-70 in a 35, and they're STILL tailgating!
I'm glad I'm fully insured, hrmmm, mebbe I should see if my brakes work? Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:49 pm

What really bugs me in real life is tags on the inside of clothes, especially briefs!! They are the most ANNOYING thing of all!! end up ripping them out all the time, why cant they put tags somewhere less sensitive or make them out of something that feels nicer on the skin

Another thing that really really bugs and irritates me, well up until recently, was couples who display ALOT of affection on each other. Jesus, get a room why don't ya, but I hate being a hypocrite, so this no longer bugs me as I am a perpetrator of this.....ah well, people change, now I am happy for said couple, but think they should still get a room.

Love is all you need.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:58 pm

Where you live in new england, Tae? My and Rylan are in Massachusetts. :P

IRL peeve: People who don't use turn signals.

Mud peeve: Politics. 'Nuff said.
groguk
Sojourner

Postby groguk » Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:49 am

seeing everyone talk about driving pet peeves reminded me of this list i wrote for an english class one time

To the other driver a list of requests

-please drive on one side of the road or the other just pick one and stay there

-please use a turn signal if you plan on turning soon

-please do not use a turn signal if do not plan on turning

-please do not leave your brights on while tailgateing me, I do not have a copy of hamlet with me nor do I intend on trying to read it while driving

-really, just don’t tailgate me. by getting that close to me all you are doing is pissing me off and encourageing me to test my breaks.

-when selecting bumper sticker, please do not pick ones that are too small to read from a safe distance

-please do not rev your engine when stopped next to me at a stop light, I know your car is faster and I really could not care less

-please, if you notice something falling off of your car, stop and pick it up it is just plain frightening for all of the other drivers to see your bumper dragging on the ground

-if you own a small car, please do not attempt to hall lumber by placing it through the sun roof, this is not safe and really bugs people

-if you sit behind me and honk your horn and flick me off all you have done is wasted a little of your own energy, because i dont care so just don’t

-if you absolutely have to play your music loud, at least have the decency to close your windows
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:30 am

Four words:

Hurry up and wait.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Where you live in new england, Tae? My and Rylan are in Massachusetts. :P

IRL peeve: People who don't use turn signals.

Mud peeve: Politics. 'Nuff said.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<rofl> You must be one pissed off driver then Image
I don't think I've met a Masshole yet that uses blinkers Image
And I live in CT, hehe, I knew Rylan lived in Mass, it's somehwere in my "WHere in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" thread Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:12 pm

All of the above, and...

Not being able to fall asleep after mudding for several hours because you keep running over in your mind what you did, what you could have done better, how well/poorly it went, what you accomplished/or didn't, and what your next step/s are.

Sitting at work, trying not to fall asleep after several straight days of the above.

Toplack
rachaz
Sojourner

Postby rachaz » Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:47 pm

My pet peeve is people posting I am sorry on the bbs. Take it up with the person you should be apologizing to. I don't really want to know the details.

That is all.

Rachaz
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:57 am

rl pet peev: folks translating the movie for their overseas friend in the theater.

i'm a good shot with a milk dud if you attempt this around me!

mud pet peev: "tog anon"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wuva:
Your right concerning gsays, using it as a positive learning tool. My peeve is being totally blasted in gsay when not necessary, the message to learn by isnt there, only the attitude...and what is gained by that..the impulse not even to ask for help again.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Props to wuva for continually asking for advice.

Wuva has left the group.
Wuva tells you 'what'd I do wrong?'
You tell Wuva 'erm, looking thru log, it seems that noone was healing you despite the fact that you were tanking Mahdrel and 1 sentry...'
Wuva tells you 'do I need to improve something?'
You tell Wuva 'no, I need to yell at healers now :P'

Peeve:
On Toril: people who aren't willing to fol me and die.
RL: people who aren't willing to fol me and die.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:38 pm

ROFL Mori!

Toplack
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:53 pm

Peaves:

1)Being the black hole poster of thread-death on the BBS. (Ever notice how most threads I post in subsequently go straight to oblivion?)

2)Posting insightful and comprehensive ideas, only to be completely ignored within the ongoing thread.

3) "Instant Mail-In Rebate"'s. How the fock can it be instant if I gotta mail-in for it?

4) Smoke Invasion loading 2 out of every 5 boots.
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:03 am

Game: Leaving doors open.

IRL: Leaving doors open. Image AND the cost of a twelve pack of Coors... it's friggin Coors!!!
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:52 pm

Nog Tayros

How're we supposed to get properly soused at those prices!

Toplack *hic* Frostbear

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>When you're driving 5 miles over the limit, which is standard, or the limit, and people behind you are tailgating. Damn folks don't have any patience at all!

Yayaril

P.S. Yayaril looks behind him and relishes that 3 mile long line of cars.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My god Yayaril has 1200 posts! Image

o_o

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
<B>ppl under lvl 20 asking for res.

Anon ppl asking for res, or trying to do
spell assigns with anon ppl in the group.

RL: Yup.. nothing worse than that slow driver in an area where you can't pass. I'd swear they see the mile long line of pissed off people behind them and love it.

Getting 8 pieces of mail, and 7 of them are credit card offers.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, Yayaril is suddently vaquished by Rylan's 1662!

O_O
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:01 pm

Anybody else see a correlation between the subject of this thread (pet peeves) and Miax's posting on the astronomical amounts some players have? ::halo::

I'm sure there's not.
::Ashiwi promises herself to cut down.::
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:37 pm

Original Post by Mori:

Peeve:
On Toril: people who aren't willing to fol me and die.
RL: people who aren't willing to fol me and die.

I have died for you, worship me Dammit!!!

Wuva *looks good in leather* EagleBlade
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:28 pm

IRL: Boy/Girl bands.

MUD: People always lying about me dying. It DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Glorishan
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:25 pm

Hey i wanna have alotta posts like that! I think i'll reply to every post with. Heh, nice. =)

Heh, nice!

------------------
Aram the novice paly
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:17 pm

Hey Touk, Why are you wearing.... hehe

I'll be AFK, and anon for the reply...as I'm on ship doing xp... So I won't be able to help you with...

But hey I am level X, so I'm cool, right?

I'm really feeling much better now... and Touk, I would follow ya to death and beyond, and have... so realize I'm just being brainfried with the above comments...

Toplack * I should really get some sleep, and quit drinking * Frostbear
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:35 pm

UG!

I'll wait til i am in a pissed off mood and just releasssssse.

But one of my all time pet hates is PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO SNICKER AT EVERYTHING YOU SAY!!!

People that snicker are just to dumb to have a smart comeback..

Jasix 'Snickers right next to the MARS bars!' Prowlingwolf
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:10 am

*snicker*
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:53 pm

Mud pet peeve...

That whole "goodies suck/evils blow" thing... in case anybody couldn't tell.

Real life pet peeve...

The list is endless. No, really.
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:09 pm

In Mud: at the moment it's "Hey Jen, why'd you stop playing a voker?

In real life: snotty, pretentious people who have no reason to be pretentious

There's a lot more, these are the top

Jennie
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:34 am

Jenera, I have no sympathy!

Ragorn's a cleric this wipe, imagine the grief I get when I log him on to chat Image

- Ragorn
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:01 pm

Mud:

People that DON'T play anymore but consistently bitch at people who DO play that post their ideas.

Imm bootlickers.

Snurgt

IRL:

Cherries that tell boot camp/jump school/AIT stories.

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:04 am

IRL : Everything.

Mud : Politics & Kiros constantly asking me to fly him :P

------------------
-=Deviant=-
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
<B>Mud:

People that DON'T play anymore but consistently bitch at people who DO play that post their ideas.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So just where is that directed, bish? :P

- Ragorn
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:48 pm

RL: Ppl telling me i should get out more and not mud!

Mud: Ppl telling me i should mud more and not go out!

Downgrade Everyone!
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:54 pm

RL: People who dont keep their lawns mowed then expect me to stand there all day, knee deep in the grass.
Oh yeah that, and Ensis.

Mud:
Ensis

Snurgt take no prisoner

[This message has been edited by Snurgt (edited 03-09-2002).]
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baikalisan:
<B>RL: Ppl telling me i should get out more and not mud!

Mud: Ppl telling me i should mud more and not go out!

Downgrade Everyone!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm tellin you, girl .. you should go out with me so we can pick up strange men .. snort .. (u, me, steph and trace) (downgrade hubby's :P)

Kunny!!!! I got the phone number!!!!!!!!!
(GO ME!)
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:04 am

I have another pet peeve irl..

I hate how a fork cannot easily scrape up all the last bits of the food in the bowl you are eating, especially rice and small bits.

A spoon works heaps better, but is not always handy or practical.

I cannot think of an easy solution to my dilemna, other than to grab a spoon for the last bits I spose :P

Oh, and I am not a big fan of people leaving any food to go to waste - eat it all biatches! If not, then give it to me Image

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-

---
Ashiwi says, 'Wrap a wire around a god's neck and hang on for the ride??? Gimme my spurs!'
---

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”