Disease

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Eadgydd
Sojourner

Disease

Postby Eadgydd » Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:52 am

My initial reaction when disease went in: Why?

I suppose I should just wait and see how this affects gameplay, and have some faith that it will be 'fun' like Altherog says, but I'm having a hard time imagining how it is going to enhance the game. If it were fun to have a disease, why would you bother going around collecting up components to cure it? And if it were bad to have the disease, it seems that going around and collecting components to cure it would just be annoying.

Please enlighten me.

--Eadgydd
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:03 am

Well when they said it would be fun, maybe they meant fun for the gods to watch us immortals scurry around for cures Image
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:23 am

has anybody found the formula for the tiberian flu? i think i may know the mob but it hasn't been popping
Mifus
Sojourner

Postby Mifus » Sat Sep 22, 2001 9:20 am

and only shamans can cure it?
whats getting wrong with clerics?

ok what if i get this disease?
should I stop play while someone find components as it weill be unplayable?

Sorry but for me all thus diseases and on same hand werewolfings dont seem intresting.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sat Sep 22, 2001 9:28 am

Ive got to say I totally agree with Eadgydd. This imo is the most worthless code Ive ever seen put into the mud.

Just curious, are outhouses going to be fully functional and necessary soon? When i have to start typing things like...

unzip
Gromikazer unzips his trousers.
pee
Gromikazer relives himself ready to go on.
zip
Gromikazer zips up his trousers. He forgot to wash.. ewwww...

Theres a limit to reality needed in a FANTASY game...
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:35 pm

Its the extra touches that separate the great muds from the good ones. Be grateful we have a staff thats putting in the time to do this. Also, given the past few months, you can be confident that they'll take it out or change it if this code detracts from the mud.

Izzy
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:49 pm

What I dont like about this code is it forces you to quest. I'm here for the hack and slash and the comraderie, not for spending too much time asking fictional characters questions and getting ignored by them 99.9998% of the time.

But if i die from this stupid code in a zone it could be a major annoyance. So Im forced to take part in this.

In the past, I didn't have to do quests unless I wanted to. Now I'm required to.

Besides this angle, gromikazer's pee analogy is completely on target. The code injects a wee bit too much of the annoying aspects of real life. I mean, am I going to have to take my suit to the cleaners.. and go buy light bulbs also?

Whats going to happen (very soon I hope) is everyone will know what items are needed and it will be just as easy to cure a disease as it is to create a ration.

Hrmm, and from what cyric says, this code can be attached to a zone. Makes me think I'm going to avoid all new zones until a cure is found.

So for people that dislike this code, I suggest that the normal convention of not giving away quest secrets be suspended for this particular one. I for one will be more than willing to give this quest away to anyone that asks once I learn it.

Corth
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:29 pm

I think it's a cool idea, but I agree with corth and some of the others when I say that requiring to quest for the materials is a little much. What ever happened to the cure disease spells? cure blind/remove poison are here, why not those? Paladins in D&D have immunity to disease and the ability to cure it a couple times a week as an innate. I think some quests are fun, but having to run all over creation to get a few obscure herbs to cure my disease before i can drive on could get annoying, especially if there are no shamans on. On top of that, what if those items have already been done?..are you screwed till boot? I don't mean to sound inflammatory, i LIKE the disease idea, i just think that making alchemy the only solution is a little much, casters that had the spell capability to cure should have it here too.

E

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 09-22-2001).]
Kalthanan
Sojourner

Postby Kalthanan » Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:40 pm

quick.. someone gimme gonorrhea and/or syphilis! i wanna see how fast i can spread it around the mud :P

*runs around with that troll-sized condom on his head*
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:53 pm

we have enough diseases... humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, half-elves. we should work on curing that before we get new ones!
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:46 pm

I would have to side with the "Why?" camp here. I don't see how this will be "fun", especially when you have to quest for the components to cure it.

I also don't understand why shaman are the only class capable of curing disease - like they really needed ANOTHER ability.

I just really hope that the diseases don't seriously affect the playability of a character. I also hope that the components are set up so that you can get them at any given time and not just on a boot.

------------------
Galorion (Paladin)/Alzaris (Enchanter)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:28 am

who loves the disease already in game? lycanthrope anybody?
as for the disease, i doubt anybody will find it soon. i think i know where it exists and that area has only been touched less than 10 times. or it is in a zone that is done daily. would be pretty messsed up if it is the later.
zipalodok
Sojourner

Postby zipalodok » Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:53 pm

I just gotta say let the shamans have the damn spell me as a cleric dont want anything to do with it, i already got enough spam and spells which just help others, so if you do give it to clerics *nod me* don't be askin me for a cure because i wont ever quest it Image
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zipalodok:
I just gotta say let the shamans have the damn spell me as a cleric dont want anything to do with it, i already got enough spam and spells which just help others, so if you do give it to clerics *nod me* don't be askin me for a cure because i wont ever quest it Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh trust me you don't want to do this quest. one of the items on their is SO VAGUE that i've been through 7 zones killing a type of mob and then having to search with barb int. i'm willing to bet whoever made this quest must have made spirit walk too because there were 2 items on there that were extremely vague. ex. gimme a tiger pelt. let's see, how many tigers are there in game. in the end it wasn't even a tiger pelt :P hide!

done babbling Image
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
heh trust me you don't want to do this quest. one of the items on their is SO VAGUE that i've been through 7 zones killing a type of mob and then having to search with barb int. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna have to agree with Dartan on this one.

I found the quest mob yesterday who told me the cure. Let's say there are 4 items, and the location of three of them could be anywhere from GN to CP to ZK. *HORRIBLY* vague. Of course, once the first person figures it out, you *know* that everyone and their grandmother will go stockpile ingredients. At that point the disease code goes from "interesting" to "required nuisance."

-VHF
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Sep 23, 2001 10:57 pm

The werewolf proc is fun because it's new and interesting, and it doesn't interfere with gameplay if you give it a little attention. Plus, the cure is RIGHT THERE with the mob that curses you, so it's easy to lift.

This though, who knows. I don't see how anything that's debilitating with no positive effects will be "fun" for the player base. It's going to turn into a lot of mandatory questing for shamans, who will be expected to carry cures around for people.

I think the code is cool, but it has a negative effect on the gameplay Image

- Ragorn
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Sep 24, 2001 12:45 am

Yippie more running for items and hoarding. Just what SJ3 needed.

And yeah clerics not getting the cure as a spell is LAME-O.

WARNING
In a mean, aggressive tone now so don't read if you don't wanna be offended.

Uhm couldn't the time spent on this have been better used on a myriad (great word hehe) of other projects that both Admin and players has said are pressing and of high priority? Just wondering if bells and whistles are replacing the BALANCE thing we've heard about so often.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Salen:
Uhm couldn't the time spent on this have been better used on a myriad (great word hehe) of other projects </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be "...used on myriad other projects...."

It's a great word, and now you know how to use it properly Image

- Ragorn
I wield the Grammar Hammer as Vandic will one day wield Rockcrusher.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:50 am

I'm not sure if I'm missing your point or not, but every reference to myriad includes an example of 'A myriad of' so exactly how did I use it incorrectly?
I'm not trying to be flamy, I'm just wondering how I didn't use it proprerly before.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:41 am

Myriad comes from the Greek word meaning "ten thousand." While it is an adjective, its use in English commonly means "a great many," and unlike other adjectives, you do not use "of" following it.

Examples:

There are myriad quests on BGR.
The rhemoraz nuked us with myriad different spells.

Myriad can also function as a noun meaning "a large quantity or collection." The use is a little different, but it's similar:

Shamans don't have any good 8th circle spells, but their useful 6th circle spells are myriad.

I didn't mean to pick on you, but that's just one of my little pet peeves.. like people who cast detect magic after fights Image

- Ragorn
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:31 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
I wield the Grammar Hammer as Vandic will one day wield Rockcrusher.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to see at least one of us is confident in my ability to finish that damb quest.

-VHF
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:36 pm

Give clerics and paladins cure disease, and lets call it a day?
Belle
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Sep 24, 2001 2:02 pm

Ragorn stumbles, sending his grammar hammer flying!

"Shamans don't have any good 8th circle spells, but their useful 6th circle spells are myriad."

The plural for shaman is in fact.. shaman.

Yayaril
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Sep 24, 2001 2:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>The plural for shaman is in fact.. shaman.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shamen!

"Boss drum, in control again!"

/Jegzed loving his good ole early 90's techno.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 24, 2001 3:09 pm

ROFLROFLROFLROFL!!!!!
Heh, after reading so much "l33t' this and 'n00b' that until I'm SICK of it, you guys go and make my day! Let me just say "THANK YOU!!"

::Ashiwi watches all the posts and flames and thinks to herself, "Was there ever a weapon invented that could cut as sharply as a well-honed wit? Doubtful."::
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Mon Sep 24, 2001 3:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Myriad can also function as a noun meaning "a large quantity or collection." The use is a little different, but it's similar:

Shamans don't have any good 8th circle spells, but their useful 6th circle spells are myriad.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that would mean that "6th circle spells are a large quantity"? That just doesn't sound right; I'm not even sure if it's correct English. If myriad is a noun, then it most certainly can be used in the "of" format: "a large quantity of 6th circle spells"; "a collection of 6th circle spells". Every time I've seen 'myriad' used in the english language, it's been in the noun form (i.e., used in the context 'myriad of').

Let's see what the various dictionary sites have to say:

From Merriam-Webster:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Main Entry: 1myr·i·ad
Pronunciation: 'mir-E-&d
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek myriad-, myrias, from myrioi countless, ten thousand
Date: 1555
1 : ten thousand
2 : a great number (a myriad of ideas) </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From dictionary.com:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">myr·i·ad (mr-d)
adj.
Constituting a very large, indefinite number; innumerable: the myriad fish in the ocean.
Composed of numerous diverse elements or facets: the myriad life of the metropolis.

n.
A vast number: the myriads of bees in the hive.
Archaic. Ten thousand. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Salen's use of the word is perfectly acceptable. If you're going to pick on someone's grammar, at least be right about it Image.

[This message has been edited by Galorion (edited 09-24-2001).]
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Mon Sep 24, 2001 3:47 pm

The battle for the 'Grammer-Hammer' has begun..anyone with a real life...run for your very soul!

Belle
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:00 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*Runs around panicing waving his arms*
Saren
Sojourner

Postby Saren » Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:36 pm

The fact that there are those in this community CAPABLE of launching and sustaining a topic like this makes me very happy. Recently, I was becoming very uncertain. Image

!wut !cuz !ur !bs733tnetbabble ! ! !

It's bad enough I have to deal with that in Counter-strike. Image

Saren/Lantinor
Saren
Sojourner

Postby Saren » Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:44 pm

The fact that there are people capable of launching and sustaining this type of thread reconfirms my faith in the Sojourn community. Image

*agree Ashiwi* !wut !cuz !ur !1337bsnetbabble!

Perhaps I'm just old and intolerant, but I have to deal with that prattle in Counter-strike far too much as it is. Image

Lantinor
Saren
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:29 pm

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/myriad.html
http://www.zaon.com/publishing/usage.html
http://www.npr.org/inside/styleguide/pugho.htm#-M-

There are a couple of links to get you started.

Miriam-Webster lists myriad as being both noun and adjective. Strictly speaking, both are true. However, in the early 19th century, the noun form began to phase out in favor of the more poetic adjective usage. Both are technically correct in a historical context, but by today's usage standards the word remains an adjective. In using the word as an adjective, "a myriad of" makes as much sense as "a twelve of."

http://www.bartleby.com/64/C003/0214.html

And there's my source on that.

Oh, and by the way.. according to www.m-w.com, the plural form of shaman is "shamans." Common use, however, is shamen Image

I should be allowed to submit this as a reference when I apply for my English degree.

- Ragorn
Ragorn's Grammar Hammer explodes in a prismatic display of pyrotechnics, slaying ignorance and apathy on contact!

[This message has been edited by Ragorn (edited 09-24-2001).]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:30 pm

double post

[This message has been edited by Ragorn (edited 09-24-2001).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:22 am

to get back on track, i think god's did great w/ this disease. of course i had the forsight to poison myself constantly so i can develop an immune system that can tackle any diseases god throw at me. dude, can u image all the new excuses u can come up w/ cuz u have disease.
sorry i couldn't heal cuz i had no spells prayed, i couldn't pray cuz i'm disease.
i dont usually lost concentration this much but i'm diseased.
i would cast more often but disease kinda paralized me.
sorry my robot didn't work correctly cuz disease gave it virus.

disease gives state employee another week of vacation. use it, abuse it, but never never lost it.

*cough*
*cough*
i can't come in today
*cough*
*cough*
sok
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Tue Sep 25, 2001 5:02 am

ROFL!
This whole grammar flaming is silly.
Sok, you rock man!

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Sep 25, 2001 6:31 am

Ragorn, you're wrong.

How exactly has the noun usage been phased out? I think the reverse is actually true - people use it more often as a noun than adjective. I've never even heard it used as an adjective, to be honest. I've heard and seen it used countless times as a noun, though.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

I'm pretty sure they list the most common form of the word first, as well, but I could be wrong.

2 entries found for myriad.
To select an entry, click on it. (Click 'Go' if nothing happens.)

Main Entry: 1myr·i·ad
Pronunciation: 'mir-E-&d
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek myriad-, myrias, from myrioi countless, ten thousand
Date: 1555
1 : ten thousand
2 : a great number (a myriad of ideas)

Main Entry: 2myriad
Function: adjective
Date: 1791
1 : INNUMERABLE (those myriad problems)
2 : having innumerable aspects or elements (the myriad activity of the new land -- Meridel Le Sueur)

Dornax
Jurdex

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 09-25-2001).]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:45 am

Yes, the m-w.com definition has been posted twice.

Go to some of the links I provided. The last one indicates that "a myriad of" is technically correct, but most authorities shun it in favor of the adjective form. The other three dictate that "a myriad of" is simply incorrect.

If you can find evidence to the contrary, I would be interested to see it.

- Ragorn
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:14 am

just my 2 cents on this worthless conversation.. Image every place ive read it in books its been a myriad of ... so.. editors wouldn't miss something so crucial as that would they? *gasp* *boggle* *pant*
-done Image
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:55 pm

Well, Ragorn, it looks like there's certainly enough acceptance of the "myriad of" format to say that it is correct English. According the last link you posted, it appears that it is in fact wrong to say that "myriad of" is incorrect usage. You shot your own argument down by posting that link Image.

Out of the 4 links you posted, even barring my personal interpretation of the word, I would be inclined to go with the last link as correct because it is the only one that provides a history of the word and its uses.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you can find evidence to the contrary, I would be interested to see it.</font>

The entire text from the fourth link is evidence to the contrary (the other links don't actually provide any evidence, they just claim that "myraid of" is wrong).

Ragorn stumbles, sending his grammar hammer flying!
Grammer hammer sinks into the water.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

------------------
Galorion "I can't believe I'm debating grammar" Rhuenor

[This message has been edited by Galorion (edited 09-25-2001).]
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:00 pm

So Eadgydd,

I look at the disease thing as something of a novelty, but being a shammy, I create water/bless it for myself, and never use wells, I know this only minimizes my chances slightly, as I group most of the time, but the whole Eye of Newt, toe of whatever... bubble bubble toil and trouble thing comes to mind. I'm sure I'll feel differently when either I catch something, or am spammed w/ cure requests. For now though, just a novelty.

*Cigarettes... Souveniers... Novelties....*

Toplack
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:04 pm

Back to the topic of diseases - I just logged on to hang out 1w for a few and have this short conversation:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Jani tells you 'don't hug anyone and don't let cedra hug you'

You tell Jani 'huh?'

Jani tells you 'cause cedra who is in here is hugging everyone and giving them the plague'</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this disease code is supposed to be FUN? Give me a break.
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:09 pm

Well, I now appear to have the Tiberian Flu. My question is, are there any effects besides players coughing and sneezing? If not, I'll gag those lines and be done with it.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:10 pm

Maybe when trade is implemented some enterprising merchants will start selling full body latex protective suits.

Corth
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:10 pm

A Huge Garden Path
Room size: Large (L:62 ft W:25 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: -E -S -W
A stone lies here.
A board with 'For Sale' messages on it hangs here.
Yevik (Barbarian) stands here.
Alzaris (Human) stands in mid-air here.
Kasula (Half-Elf) %% stands here.

Tiamat flies in from the east.
AAAYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
The Great Fountain of Waterdeep
Room size: Very large (L:75 ft W:75 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: -N -E -S -W
A seven dragons tabbard lies here.
An old, moss-covered rock rests here.
A large bulletin board is mounted here.
The fountain's waters are very inviting.
An elite guard watchman stands here, just waiting for someone to break the law.
You flee eastward!
You realize it was just a hallucination (and some people pay for it).
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:12 pm

at first i started coughing and sneezing. eventually I saw tiamat enter the room and fled b/c of the disease. then i just fell asleep (but i could wake up by myself). fun disease
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:26 pm

Cool - pretty soon the entire mud will have the disease and we can all get killed by randomly fleeing from Tiamat into aggr mobs.

Is this disease permanent until it's cured, or will it wear off on its own eventually? It should also show up in your score so that you can at least see what you're afflicted with.

Also, if you get a cure, does that also vaccinate you from getting it again? If not, it will take all of 10 minutes of being in WD to get the disease again and we'll never be able to avoid it.

[This message has been edited by Galorion (edited 09-25-2001).]
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:49 pm

Cool, I got this message out of nowhere - no idea how or why, but I'm thankful:

A wave of warm light envelops your ravaged body, curing you of the Tiberian Flu!
Yadir
Sojourner

Postby Yadir » Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:13 pm

I add my voice to those that oppose the current implementation of disease. I too ask why? - what is the desired result?

Currently, disease makes me paranoid - I avoid other players that I don't know worrying that I will be somehow infected by a random act of an unthinking player. Can diseases be spread this way? If so, it would seem to be counter the rules that prohibit PK or any spells/actions that injure another player.

[This message has been edited by Yadir (edited 09-25-2001).]
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:28 pm

Periodic plagues might be fun. Let's not do it all the time, or have a common mob disperse the bug daily, though.

If the staff are determined that shamans will be the only ones who can cure these plagues, at least we can let clerics and paladins cast extended-duration spells on players which suppress the effects of the disease and make it temporarily non-transferable. When the spell's effects wear off, yer back to yer normal phlegm-factory self. Also, it makes sense that Paladins should be immune to disease.

Mp
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:55 pm

Suggested change to tiberian flu: The halucination idea is a good one, but random fleeing is very bad and will only piss off everyone. I suggest that you take out the fleeing, and replace seeing tiamat with semi-randomly generated, zone-specific aggr mob names.

i.e. devious thieves in hp, giant skeletons in the fields of the dead, etc

more realistic and less deadly
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Sep 25, 2001 5:18 pm

ACK! Having that flu auto-flees your character? This is NOT good!

Todrael group-says 'sorry guys I can't go along with you to cave city, I might auto-flee and die!'

The auto-flee thing can have a severe impact on gameplay.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by izarek:
Suggested change to tiberian flu: The halucination idea is a good one, but random fleeing is very bad and will only piss off everyone. I suggest that you take out the fleeing, and replace seeing tiamat with semi-randomly generated, zone-specific aggr mob names.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”