Hydra's have wings?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Salen
Sojourner

Hydra\'s have wings?

Postby Salen » Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:45 pm

< 506h/893H 182p/182P 125v/125V >
< T: Gavry TC: few wounds E: pyrohydra EC: pretty hurt >
Weylarii barely slashes a huge pyrohydra.
Weylarii barely slashes a huge pyrohydra.
You miss a huge pyrohydra with your hit.
Mithil barely slashes a huge pyrohydra.
Mithil barely slashes a huge pyrohydra.
Gavry barely slashes a huge pyrohydra.
Gavry barely slashes a huge pyrohydra.
Gavry parries a huge pyrohydra's lunge at him.
A huge pyrohydra buffets its wings violently!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Dartan against a nearby barrier!
Dartan is stunned!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Weylarii against a nearby barrier!
Weylarii is stunned!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Kribble against a nearby barrier!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Mithil against a nearby barrier!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS the ghost of the pirate sentry against a nearby barrier!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Sylvist against a nearby barrier!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Sarell against a nearby barrier!
Sarell is stunned!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Marsak against a nearby barrier!
Marsak is stunned!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS you up against the nearby barrier!
You are knocked off of your feet.
stand
The world starts spinning, and your ears are ringing!
The powerful gust of wind from a huge pyrohydra's wings SLAMS Gavry against a nearby barrier!
Gavry is stunned!

Hrmmm. Guess I should write all those people who drew the pictures without wings and correct them.

For accuracy, could this be removed?
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:11 am

I'm not sure if people realize this, but the gods are much more likely to do that which you ask of them if you ask them nicely, rather than give them a smart-ass post. This isn't targeted at Salen, but it's all over the place.

Glorishan
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:24 am

If it's flagged dragon race, it's gonna wingbuffet. Quit whining about little stuff and play the game.

I seriously doubt the people who make this game possible wanted to go through every mob in the game and referance whether or not they should need wingbuffet.

Twyl
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:54 am

sok has wings. ask him he has polaroids.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:47 am

Sweet.. So if we find anything we think is wrong, don't post about it. I get it.

Lemming alert!

Posts about inconsistencies are what drives this mud. Yes, the gods both love and hate it. Yes, it will happen regardless.

If you find inconsistencies, it's encouraged to post, so that the game evolves correctly. If you simply say: Don't post about this stuff, it's the way it is, and that's that!

Well, let's just say a place would stagnate, here or otherwise.

Yes, sometimes it can be done less sarcastically, but I don't think Salen's post was *that* caustic.
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:25 am

I was going to post a reply to Tasan, but I already found that Malacar said virtually everything I was going to say Image

Tasan:

It would be useful if all they had to do for any given mob is assign a level and give a different text string. I am actually rather pleased with the work they do to differentiate mobs.

This doesn't mean that the job is perfect: it requires feedback, from us, about inconsistancies if we want it to work.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:48 pm

It would almost take reclassing half the mobs involved, and that's only if all the dragons are classed as "race: dragon" and not through a more complex system such as "race: dragon, ancient, red." Perhaps an extra modifer added so that they could be designated as "winged" or "wingless" which would determine whether or not they wingbuffet? Then again, I'm clueless when it comes to the programming stuff.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:21 pm

nods ash.. I thinkt hats the problem. Mobs that have multiple breathing procs are flagged as dragon, and I think wingbuffet is coded to it is an ability for all dragons over a certain level.

So you can get some odd cases where hydra wingbuffets, since its dragon classed for roar and breathe, and it high enough level for wingbuffet to kick in.

Would be cool if they could differentiate the mob type tho.
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:58 pm

just like multibreath this neads to hinge on a keyword or bit on the mob itself. Time to track down all the strange wingbuffeters as well as superchromatic dragons.

Sobu
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:05 pm

Mobs don't have to be classed dragon in order to breathe. Vapor isn't a dragon, neither are a few golems, etc. Don't know if non dragons can roar, but that's not really something Pyrohydras or hydras in general are known for. They just can hit repeatedly with multiple heads Image

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”