How tanks are suppose to be

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
biges
Sojourner

How tanks are suppose to be

Postby biges » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:52 pm

i dont know what u guys think, but i feel that we warriors should stay in the fight no matter what, even if we are about to die, shrug thats how i feel, post a responce if u think otherwise, or if u agree too Image
biges
Sojourner

Postby biges » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:59 pm

i think this is something that should be discussed, most of the warriors that i play with always flee, even if they are low lvl, its not hard to get the exp back, and if your high lvl u can get ressed
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:20 pm

It is a tanks duty to die in place if there are others depending on him, if there is another tank, and you do it right, the secondary tank attacks next, and on flee would be the next one to be attacked. In some cases fleeing is acceptable, but the group leader should make that clear before said fight.

Toplack
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:38 pm

Generally in zones the rule is no fleeing, and that goes for the whole group.

For some fights, we have casters flee and the tanks will stay in, and for certain nasty fights that take multiple runs, everyone sets wimpy to a certain level and flee out to avoid deaths.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:46 pm

the only good warrior is a dead warrior.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Feb 21, 2002 2:12 am

tanks die, period.

there have been one or two instances where i've fled from mobs doing xp. i've never thought any xp worth deaths, and feel even more strongly now that it's difficult to get a ress when you want one (see: corpses in morgue/fountains). i dont flee in zones unless a) leader sez tog a wimpy or b) i forgot to turn that wimpy off again.

if you doing xp on a mob that doesnt track and you need to flee, do so.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:09 am

Real mudders always toggle wimpy max in CC Image
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
<B>Real mudders always toggle wimpy max in CC Image

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time i lead CC I tog wimpy max on the first fight. *agree Jegzed*
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:31 pm

i couldn't agree with touk more. the general conception for warriors is they should stick around until either the mob dies or he/she dies. some warriors go as far as to announce this and be proud of it(i cal them big body small(or no) brain).

i think each fight and each zone differs on the tactic u use as far as tanking is concerned. if u are experienced in that zone and u know what's going on around u. u should decide what to do in each and every case. if u are tanking, with 2 other warriors in the group, and u are down to 22 hps. u are going to tell me u should stick around and HOPE u get a heal/stone before the next round starts? or u should be proud and die 'honorably' the next round? if u say yes(i feel for u), then tell me what advantage u gain by sticking around the next round knowing there are no agg mobs around you.

on the other hand, if u are in this agg zone, fighting one(or more) mob that tracks(u would know that through experience), and people are dropping left and right, then u should stick around and die in the same room so the cr would be easier.. not 5 rooms away where it could get even more nasty. the only exception would be that u know the zone well enough that u fell u can flee and run all the way either out of the zone or into a safe room(that takes even more experience).

there are more situations than what i described above. just use your judgment on each and every other cases and u should be fine. sometime u win and sometime not. but then that's how u learn to be a better mudder Image
thruar
Sojourner

Postby thruar » Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:34 pm

I wrote something about flee on the guild site.

www.dsrising.com/columns.asp?ColumnistId=2
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
<B>Real mudders always toggle wimpy max in CC Image

groan, do you still have the log of that night that i sent you, haha, its actually one of my most fun CR memories now.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
<B> groan, do you still have the log of that night that i sent you, haha, its actually one of my most fun CR memories now.

I actually still have it Image

Still enormous fun to read..
Dakrish
Sojourner

Postby Dakrish » Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:14 am

*snicker* I remember that night Zrax..Was horrible at the time..corpses rotting any second..but now it's damn funny Image

I just wish I didn't lose a couple pieces of eq that i still havn't gotten replaced Image

peACe oUt
laterZ
gyrx
biges
Sojourner

Postby biges » Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:30 am

im posting this to help other tanks, and for the safety of all casters, no offense to some of u warriors out there, but there are some damn stupid ones.

so if theres anymore to say, anyone out there is welcome to say it, hopefully some of those warriors will read and understand more on how it is to play a warrior
biges
Sojourner

Postby biges » Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:32 am

i hope no one starts to dislike cuz of these posts im puting on :\
Dakrish
Sojourner

Postby Dakrish » Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i feel that we warriors should stay in the fight no matter what, even if we are about to die</font>

I don't think that's true. As a level 50 warrior I'm of no use to the group if they're dead. It all depends on the situation.

If i'm the only tank left alive and i'm at 50 hps and chances are I'm going to MANUALLY flee out, non of that wimpy stuff unless leader says so (or you've done the zone plenty of times and it's normal procedure for people you're grouping with).

All in all, as a new warrior you shouldn't flee unless you've been told to. As you gain more experience you know when it's right and when it's better to bite the dust.

peACe oUt
laterZ
gyrx
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:15 pm

Biges,

If you're in a fleeable situation, you have another tank, you're about ready to die, and for some reason you haven't been rescued, then fleeing out might very well be the better option. There are plenty of areas I can think of where the group leader's orders were 'go in, do your thing, fleeable fight, DON'T DIE.' There are some zones where it's much preferable to flee out than to die and make your group either try to CR you, or wait for you while you're ressed. I can think of a couple of rooms where if you die, it's a MAJOR pain. Once you learn your way around, you'll get the hang of which ones you should stay until the last for, and which ones it's better to just hike up your skirts and get out.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”