A Losing Battle (Sundara's Story Three)

Share your original RP stories here.
Sundara
Sojourner

A Losing Battle (Sundara's Story Three)

Postby Sundara » Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:56 am

Denlar dropped to his knees and fell forward dead onto the thick snow as an axe came seering thru impaling his back. Kelvor shouted, 'Father!!!!!!!!!!!!', and quickly raced towards him. To no avail, four more snow trolls crept out from the trees and headed towards Kelvor. He wasted no time grabbing the bow and arrows from his dead father and started firing. Two creatures had fallen while the other two started to pick up pace and headed towards the young fighter. Corian grabbed a pouch and tucked it within Sundara's cloaked body giving Linlay a kiss, 'we have trouble, hide the child!'
Linlay's eyes widen in fear as she stepped out of the wagon watching Kelvor fight the creatures and seeing her dead brother in a pool of blood on the snow. She quickly bundled up her daughter and raced out towards a small cave. The child began to cry out, 'Mommy!!!.'

Corian cried out to Torm as he saw his dead brother Denlar, 'Do not forsake us my God!!'
The cleric seemed to have lost control and engaged himself into the fray with the creatures fighting along side Kelvor who ran out of arrows. The two snow trolls that had fallen from Kelvor's previous blows of arrows seemed to regenerate and slowly clambered to their feet. Corian began to chant but was quickly interrupted by a hit in the stomach as one of the creatures clawed at him. The cleric ran a few paces back and Kelvor took charge to guard him fighting off the snow troll with his sword. Corian tried once again to chant and this time a ray from the heavens opend as flames struck down onto the troll engaged with Kelvor. His nephew leaped out of the way as the creature fell to the ground burnt to a crisp. Soon Kelvor was struck with a bite from another creature that flanked him and clawed him to shreds.

Linlay layed the child tightly bundled within the small cave, 'hush my child, everything will be ok.' Hearing the cries from her beloved husband she paniced and the child cried with her in fear. 'Mommy mommy!! whats happened to daddy!!!.' Linlay looked down to her crying child and said, 'Please forgive me Sundara and know that we love you...' She pulled out a scroll and recited it and soon after, Sundara fell to a deep slumber.

The childs mother ran into the fray as Corian shouted, 'Linlay!! go back to Sundara!!!' Shouting back she replied, 'I will not leave you!!! I've made a promise to my son not leaving you alone in danger and I will keep it!!!' Ignoring his cries she pulled out another scroll and recited it. A fireball lunged forth hitting another troll head on leaving him into a pile of ashes. She grabbed for Kelvor's sword that had fallen onto the ground and began to fight along side her husband Corian. Three more trolls ambushed the couple.

Corian with his last breath struggling for his life shouted 'NOOO!!!' as he watched his wife being slain by the creature. He said one last prayer to Torm. 'Please protect my child Sundara and do not forget my son...' And with that he died from one last claw that ripped into him.

[This message has been edited by Sundara (edited 02-18-2002).]
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:02 am

bump again!
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-

Return to “Stories”