The Time Has Come

Share your original RP stories here.
Sundara
Sojourner

The Time Has Come

Postby Sundara » Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:35 am

It was morning and the people had already started their busy day in the villages. A knock was heard on the door and a deep strong voice called out, 'Sundara?' Stretching luxuriously on her bed she replied with a yawn, 'Come in, Father.' Velkin opend the door and entered with a melancolly look upon his face. Disturbed by this, Sundara asked, 'Father? Is something the matter?' Velkin lowered his head a bit in distress. 'Come, sit beside me and tell me whats wrong.' she said, and sat up quickly patting a spot for him on the bed. The big barbarian made his advance towards her slowly dragging his heavy boots across the wooden paneling of the cabin. Gently he sat beside her and grabbed her hands in his. His hands were large, warm, and strong wich made her feel very much protected and at ease. 'Whats wrong?' she asked again. 'My beloved daughter, the time has come to fullfill your destiny. I know I have been ignoring the subject and I've been putting this off for awhile now, but only because I can't bare to let you go. I realize that you are now a grown woman of eighteen with desires to see the world on your own and I know you've been wanting to search for your blood brother and whatever family that is blood related to you as well. You will always be my little girl and you will be missed profoundly. Corian and Linlay would have been proud of you. You turned out to be such a grand woman.' He pauses for a moment and says, 'but remember, you will always be my little human girl.' She smiled and nuzzled over his long grey beard that rested over his broad chest with a soft reply, 'With a heart of a barbarian, father.' He held her tight within his strong loving embrace.

It was time. Sundara had finished packing and ready to venture out into the world. She took one last glance at her room leaving it spotless. Making her way to the receiving room of the large cabin, five barbarians were awaiting patiently for her. Romkah the shaman and Shalkeem were gulping their mug of ale while the other two barbarians whom Sundara considered her brothers, Dalkin and Colbin, sons of Velkin, were standing on either side of the chief. Dalkin was carrying a chest and layed it on the ground at his father's command with a nod and Colbin pulled out a pouch from his leather bag. 'My daughter, I have something for you before you leave.' This belonged to your blood father and mother and now it belongs to you.' Sundara looked at the chest while Colbin handed the pouch to her. She takes it and undoes the string opening the pouch. Gently she pulls out a silver chain with the medalion and the chief said, 'That medalion represents the faith of your father's diety, Torm.' The shine glimmered from the metal and the symbol of a guantlet hand was being shined from the ray of light that shimmered inside the cabin. Looking at the symbol, the young human cleric softly traced the tattoo of the same symbol with her finger tips on her neck and whispered, 'Torm.' She handed the medalion to her barbarian father to put it on her. Slightly bowing her head before him, Velkin slips the medalion gently over her head. As she raised her head back up she smiled with eyes that seem to gloss with sadness; but quickly ignored it by pulling her long dark auburn hair out of the medalion's way. 'The time has come my daughter, go now and don't look back until you are ready to come back home.' He said in a deep firm voice. Nodding she politely asks Dalkin to take the chest to the wagon.

Transportation was set and ready to go. Velkin held out a small thick blanket and handed it to his daughter. 'This is how I found you.' Taking the blanket she smiled at him and they hugged tightly before she climbed up the wagon. She glanced at the back of her hands rubbing gently on the marks of the wolf with a soft sob, 'I will greatly miss you father and remember I will always love you.' and with that she kissed him on his cheek. Velkin tried to keep a calm resolve but her departure was much to hard for him to take and he felt a lump grow in his throat because he knew that this was the last time he would see his daughter. He turned back and rejoined his fellow tribe and soon, bellowing shouts from the barbarians echoed loudly through out the sky as the wagon started to drive off south to Waterdeep where she would begin her chapters of life.

[This message has been edited by Sundara (edited 02-18-2002).]
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Feb 18, 2002 7:52 pm

Interesting beginning, I await the future tales of high adventure.

Toplack
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:08 am

Another bites a tale. Final bump!
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-

Return to “Stories”