Trip, the skill.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Haddol
Sojourner

Trip, the skill.

Postby Haddol » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:29 am

turn trip into a passive skill that will go off anytime a bash is attempted against you, it would make it much more likely that the bash would fail causing the basher to fall, opposed skill checks or something. could work on body slams too... maybe not charges though, hard to trip a horse.

the main problem I see is that notching bash would be alot easier then notching trip in the proposed form. maybe just add it to the skill as it is, rogues don't end up tanking all that much anyway.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:48 pm

The ensuing lag from trip would destroy rogues' ability to sneak in and escape from a fight when they get cought during CRs or just exploring... not to mention removing one of their useful targeted abilities.
Haddol
Sojourner

Postby Haddol » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:02 pm

yeah, I'd suggest removing the lag, if it were made reflexive.

it would become like dodge or parry, though dodge may already have the effect I'm going for.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:25 pm

that would rule if it was a reflexive skill that guarded the whole group. like if a rogue sees a braxat about to bash the cleric, the rogue will trip him or something. of course the skill wouldn't go off that much but u get the idea
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”